Pay and Benefits:
- Starting salary - $40-43,000 per year
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Weekends off!
Cost effectively dispatches the routing of incoming and outgoing shipments to achieve high client satisfaction and BP Express operating targets.
- 1 year experience dispatching, preferably on the intermodal side of transportation
- Determine optimal routing by prioritizing loads, defining routes, negotiating with drivers and setting schedules
- Prioritize Reefer Equipment, Import Loads, Export Loads according to LFD, ERD, and Client Requirement to effectively manage our freight.
- Perform Yard Check twice daily and ensure timely equipment return to Port
- Notify Terminal Manager and CSR of any Rolled Exports or Import LFD issues so they can inform our Clients and keep within Company guidelines
- Comply with State and Federal Law and ensure Drivers are operating according Part 395 of FMCSA Hours of Service
- Utilize NAVIS or Required Systems and maintain positive relationships with Ports, Rails, Terminals in order to effectively perform duties
- Effectively communicate company policies with drivers
- Mentor drivers as needed by setting clear expectations regarding Safety, Compliance, and on-time performance
- Maintain Technical and professional proficiency in Company Systems and Safety requirements
- Assist Terminal Manager in other functions as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications: Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to use computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
BP Express operates exclusively as a truckload carrier providing local and linehaul intermodal transportation service to shippers in the Southeastern United States. The company operates 300 vehicles in regional dedicated lanes. Specialized services include the management of container yards and handling both import and export traffic into and out of the major Southeastern seaports and rail ramps. Keys to success include a small company management approach to our business relationships and established partners that will be mutually beneficial. BP Express utilizes leading edge technology to provide our customers with the best transportation tools in the industry.