Export LCL Customer Service
Export LCL Customer Service
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
Compensation: $45K-50K depending on experience
Summary: Provides ocean LCL Export quotes and bookings including inland/door moves at origin, on-carriage services, and DAP/DDP services at destination; support general office operations whenever needed. Responds to phone and e-mail rate or booking requests from clients, partners, agents, or outside sales representatives. Work with truck brokers and asset-based carriers to schedule cargo pick up within North America for delivery into designated terminals. Utilize various tools to obtain, calculate, and provide door delivery, destination handling charges, and customs clearance quotes at destination CFS when requested. We offer great benefits Health, dental, Vision and 401K.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Respond to phone and e-mail rate or booking requests from clients, partners, agents, or outside sales representatives. Work with truck brokers and asset-based carriers to schedule cargo pick up within North America for delivery into designated terminals. Utilize various tools to obtain, calculate, and provide door delivery, destination handling charges, and customs clearance quotes at destination CFS when requested. Other duties include but are not limited to assisting personal effects & household goods walkin clients, answering phones, mailing out original documents, and assisting with general office operations as needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Manages difficult customer situations.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance professionally.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Listens and gets clarification.
- Responds well to questions.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information. Balances team and individual responsibilities effectively.
- Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Other competencies may be required according to assignments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bilingual preferred - (English required, preferred second languages are Spanish/Korean/Japanese)
- Prior Industry Experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
ECU Worldwide USA is one of the largest neutral freight consolidators in the USA, with over 150 trade lanes on export consolidation and over 120 trade lanes on import consolidation. With 9 offices in the American market — Miami, New Jersey, New York, Atlanta, Charleston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico — you benefit from our coverage in every major port and logistics hub across the country with 24 receiving stations throughout the USA.