Mold Machine Operator 3rd shift
In this job you will mold a variety of epoxy parts and may perform other tasks such as sandblasting and painting of molded epoxy parts. You will work in a production environment, engage in continuous productive activity, and must meet requirements within time constraints driven by machine cycles ranging from 7 minutes to 22 minutes. Tasks require a high degree of eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the use of both hands and arms on a repetitive basis for a full range of motion. You will frequently use hand and power tools such as knives, scrapers, engravers and air-impact tools.
The work associated with this job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Cleaning molds to prepare them for production cycle.
- Using a variety of rods, spacers and inserts to set up molding machines to produce epoxy insulator ranging from 21 lbs. to 40 lbs. in weight. (Lengths range from 2 inches to 2 feet.).
- Cycling molding machine and monitoring its progress while performing secondary operations such as deflashing, inspection, visual and mechanical application of lubricating grease, and packaging of finished product.
- Transporting tubs of inserts and finished molded parts.
- Sandblasting and paint parts.
- Proficiency in the use of simple material handling equipment, hand tools, power tools, and simple gauges and instruments to check critical dimensions.
In this job you will be required to participate in a medical surveillance program coordinated by S&C’s health service professionals.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to use basic math.
- Ability to work from ordinary drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use a variety of hand-held tools and air-impact tools.
Relevant Experience Required: Less than one year experience.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8 mile).
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional use of hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Bending: Occasional bending required to complete the packing tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs. along with a variety of hand tools.
- Other: Respirator certification required.