Commerce, CA, United States
We are searching for an experienced Area Manager (Commerce) at 5500 Sheila Street Commerce, California, 90040.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Area Manager reports to the Commerce Operations Manager and is responsible for supervising and monitoring the daily work of the warehouse/shipping dock associates.
- Forecasts workload of crew. Schedules associates as appropriate.
- Determines and implements staffing decisions based upon current and next day workload.
- Actively participates in weekly planning and monthly forecasting sessions.
- Completes productivity reports.
- Audits and evaluates associates overall performance and conducts observations of work performed by associates.
- Provides training and development for all associates.
- Ensures all safety programs and sanitation standards are maintained according to Smart & Final standards.
- Actively participates in leadership growth programs and personal development opportunities
- Initiates, pursues, develops, influences others, and follows through on improvement ideas and integrates change
- Basic PC skills and general knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Two years warehouse operations experience, including some supervisory experience as a working foreman, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail Management Certificate is desirable
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health benefits
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Flexible saving plans - medical and dependent care
- Generous vacation schedule
- Educational reimbursement
Step 1 of 2: Using the "Apply " feature below, please complete the short form. You will be linked to the Smart & Final application page to submit resume and cover letter.