Inside Sales Representative
Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
This position is to work remotely.
Compensation is 45k-65K based on experience and geographic location ( Plus potential to earn substantial commissions)
Must have at least 2 years in industry experience preferred, but not required.
Bilingual preferred but not required.
Must have experience with high volume cold calling.
Hunt/ onboard new small-scale customers who do less than 20 CBM/year (long tail accounts) for business with ECU. Qualify leads (account with potential>20 CBM/yr.) for Account acquisition Sales Reps. Grow business with existing long tail accounts (<20 CBM/ year). Up-Sell Door delivery to import CIF customers. 50% - Growing sales from existing customers, 30% - Onboarding new customers, 15% - Qualifying leads for Account acquisition sales rep
5% - Upselling Door deliver to Import
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hunt/ onboard new small-scale customers (<20 CBM/yr.) for business with ECU
- Do daily 30/35 outbound calls to new accounts from master list (E.g., OTI List of FFs, Non-US controlled volume customer in US) of all potential customers
- Target directly onboarding small scale customers with yearly volume |20 CBM/yr
- Qualify leads (account with potential>20 CBM/yr.) for Account acquisition Sales Reps
- Through the outbound calls, identify customers with potential to ship volumes greater than 20 CBM a year.
- Transfer these leads to Account Acquisition rep
- Grow business with existing long tail accounts (<20 CBM/ year)
- Manage relationship with 250-300 accounts, each doing volumes less than 20 CBM a year
- Target deeper share of wallet by targeting business across more lanes, more business from existing lanes
- Upsell additional products if already not doing with them (E.g., LCL, FCL, Air Freight, CFS, Ex-works/ To-Door)
- Address any recurring complaints by connecting to customer support team
- Every year, transition accounts >20 CBM/ year to the Account development rep
- Up-Sell Door delivery to import CIF customers
- Call specific customers who are receiving import shipments (in the upcoming 7-14 days) billed outside US and sell door delivery service
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be organized, self-driven and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- 2 years prior industry experience preferred
- Must have experience with high volume cold calling.
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional understanding of the freight market (ocean, air), customer needs (FF, Direct shipper) and the product (LCL, FCL, Ex-works, To-Door)
- Excellent sales skills with ability to convince potential customers on value generated by ECU worldwide
- Solution oriented mindset
- Ability to consistently conduct field visits to meet and engage new customers with high energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent sales skills with ability to upsell products to existing customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation, terminology and communications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.