Sheet Metal Fabricator
Sheet Metal Fabricator
The sheet metal fabricator position safely performs metal fabrication for a variety of Olympia's manufacturing needs.
- Spot welding and bending and forming of metals
- Machine operations, to include: sheers, brakes and shaping machines
- Boxing and packaging items
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required
- Check dimensions for accuracy
- Perform all parts inspections
- Detect and report defective materials and questionable conditions
- May work at different workstations as production needs require
- Other duties as assigned
- Humility: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance; putting the needs of another person before your own and thinking of others before yourself
- Results Orientation (Get It Done): Having a work ethic and a way of overcoming challenges and getting things done without making excuses; delivering on results and does what he/she says they will do
- Customer Focus: Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to achieve positive outcomes
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher - standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Temperature is varied to the temperature outside due to open doors and garages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position during the first shift of the workday, normally Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, read a tape measure and convert fractions to decimals, with basic geometry skills being a plus
- Must be able to problem solve, manage time, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and organizational skills and extreme attention to detail and safety
Olympia Chimney Supply, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full benefits available first of the month following 60 days, including 2 ˝ weeks of paid time off annually. Plus, 401K match of 2% after 90 days and tuition reimbursement program available. Shift differential for 2nd shift. For a special time, join us to take advantage of a bonus potential of up to $2/hr extra based on company performance; payable in December.
Olympia Chimney & Venting, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of chimney venting systems, liners and accessories. Olympia provides chimney systems for all fuel sources within its Ventis® family of products. Olympia also manufactures a wide variety of chimney liners including Forever Flex™, Premium Forever Flex™, Armor Flex, Hybrid, and Rhino Rigid™. Headquartered in Scranton, Pa., the company has operations in Iowa, New Jersey, Ohio and Nevada.
Olympia Chimney & Venting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.