Location: De Pere, WI
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking Machine Operators for our De Pere Shipping Container Division, located in De Pere, Wisconsin.
The Machine Operator position requires a self-motivated individual willing to work safely in a team-based system. They need to have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize their workload, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire for continuous improvement and quality workmanship are required to meet our customers increasing demands.
Candidates must be able to work all shifts including rotating and/or straight night shift. Overtime including weekends will be required.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance a 401(k) retirement plan and a pension plan.
- Works safely and follows all related policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for correct reporting of time, production and material usage.
- Set up of the machine including preparing materials and retrieving paper from storage.
- Using a computer, enter information relating to the production run including job information, measurements, etc.
- Reports irregularities, maintenance needs and quality problems to the Team Operations Manager
- Assists crew in running, changing over, starting up and cleaning up the machine
- Checks raw materials and corrugated paper on hand against what is needed for each production run to ensure shortages are prevented
- Using a ruler, verify dimensions on corrugated board to ensure a quality product
- Troubleshoots machine issues and make recommendations on improving the process
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Other job tasks and projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good human relations skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Previous machine operations experience in manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
The Green Bay Packaging – De Pere Shipping Container Division, is one of 17 corrugated box plants within the organization. The modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products – everything from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die-cut inner pack to high graphic packaging.
If you are interested in pursuing this exceptional career opportunity with a solid, stable company, please send your resume and salary requirements.
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.