Fleet Technician A - $5000 Hiring Bonus!
A Fleet Technician Ais responsible for the repair, maintenance and overhaul of fleet diesel equipment. An A level Technician may run a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Technician .
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Fleet team works to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees' use.
$5,000 Hiring Bonus
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Diagnose, rebuild and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call.
- May participate in regular meetings with customer.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as 'roadworthy'.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees, act as a mentor.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Benefits & Compensation:
- $5,000 Hiring Bonus
- Access to competitive benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, and other additional add-ons
- PTO, 401k & Stock Options
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Must possess own tools.
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on-board computer and desktop computer.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
- ASE Certifications (Including Master-T).
- Trade school diploma or certification.
- Commercial Driver's License.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy (2) the "EEO is the Law