Customs Brokerage Specialist
Customs Brokerage Specialist
Alba Wheels Up is a premier Customhouse broker and Freight Forwarder. Alba Wheels Up has become the standard for the expertise needed to handle the Wearing apparel, Perishable, Electronics and Marble & Stone sectors, traditionally the most difficult commodities to both harmonize and provide supply chain management to. Our Global network provides true door-to-door service and supply chain management required in today's logistics environment. Our advanced transport management platform ensures visibility of our client's freight from point to point. All team members are encouraged and supported to obtain their career and personal goals while working in world class facilities.
Provide and maintain effective customer service by communicating and assisting with resolving issues regarding a client's shipment(s). Arrange and monitor traffic responsibilities, by sending delivery orders and communicating with trucking companies. Interact with management and personnel to meet day to day responsibilities.
- Process Customs brokerage for air, truck, and ocean shipments and other modes of arrival into the USA.
- Receive, review, and process import documentation from overseas agents/clients.
- Secure arrival information from various modes of arrival (air, ocean, truck, rail, mail and/or passenger).
- Data entry and processing of various clients import shipment(s) via related documentation received and presentation to U.S. Customs and/or other participating Government Agencies.
- Classify imported goods with appropriate HTS (harmonized tariff schedule) over broad range of commodities and special exception/exclusions for appropriate duty application.
- Update shipment status daily and enter notes in Cargowise system.
- Follow through on Customs matters and immediate resolution of problems that might occur.
- Respond to client inquiries and inter-company inquiries in a prompt and timely manner.
- Process remote filings (RLF).
- Submit payment to steam ship lines and send out endorsed original bill of ladings when required.
- Invoicing files within 48 hours of shipment release.
- Scanning documents into Cargowise system shipment files.
- Send out delivery order and supporting documentation to assigned trucker(s).
Communicate with trucker(s) when cargo is available or if there is an issue with a shipment.
- Resolve issues with pick up of cargo at locations and relay to the client(s) accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Secure aggressive cost for maximum profitability, while satisfying client's requirements.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Secure and post vendor invoice to payables in shipment file.
- Performs other related duties and projects as requested or assigned by manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of relatable work experience in freight forwarding and customs brokerage industry
- Exceptional customer-service communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills
- Upholds a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Must be a team player and able to work independently, by being proactive and having a flexible attitude.
- Proficient in Windows and Office Suite
- Experience working with Cargowise is a plus
- Must be able to work in the office and remotely
- Customs Brokerage license is a plus
Alba Wheels Up International is an Equal Opportunity Employer