Sales Director of International Logistics
Sales Director of International Logistics
Chicago, Illinois - Virtual
The Sales Director of International Logistics is accountable for developing new international supply chain management business for Chicago/MW USA area-based customers and maintaining existing accounts to satisfy all key performance indicators within the business plan. In this role, you will be accountable for winning new business for OOCL Logistics (OLL) primarily by selling our International Supply Chain product, including origin forwarding and consolidation, and purchase order management. Additionally, you will be accountable for selling other OLL supply chain products, such as NVO, air freight services, domestic logistics, in the USA, and Asia countries, etc. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience in the ocean transportation industry, primarily in the inbound Trans-Pacific trade for the Chicago/MW USA area, and a minimum of 4 years of experience selling international supply chain services including origin forwarding, consolidation and purchase order management.
Choose OOCL Logistics
As a world-class provider of innovative logistics and supply-chain services and solutions, OOCL Logistics has an extensive network of more than 140 offices in over 40 countries. We focus on serving customers with global sourcing and supply-chain-management needs by creating value through our innovative end-to-end international logistics programs.
We are also an industry leader providing sophisticated transportation, warehousing, and distribution services throughout Asia and Latin America, offering professional best in class 3PL and 4PL solutions. As a global company based in Asia, OOCL Logistics is exceptionally positioned to serve international and domestic customers in the world's fastest-growing markets.
- OOCL Logistics has a vast network of experienced supply chain professionals to advance your career further.
- OOCL Logistics provides in-depth supply chain product training.
- OOCL Logistics offers ample career growth opportunities.
- OOCL Logistics offers an energetic working environment suitable for learning all aspects of the supply chain.
- OOCL Logistics offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- A competitive salary
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Ability to identify and generate new sales opportunities independently within your assigned geographic region
- Develop and strategically position profitable solutions with new target customers focusing on international and domestic supply chain products and services.
- Maintain, expand, and cultivate new solution opportunities with existing customers
- Establish, maintain, and ensure internal understanding of customer-specific global operating procedures
- Confidently utilize our internal tools and systems
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company's services, internal resources, competitive strategies, and customer requirements.
- Foster customer's knowledge of OOCL Logistics' system(s), providing visibility and data analysis on key aspects of the supply chain
- Coordinate with internal global offices and external 3rd parties mitigating disruptions to customer's supply chain
- Offer and implement solutions delivering efficiency and potential cost savings
- Develop trusting partnerships with existing customers through effective communication and problem solving
- Achieve and support a high level of customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree or comparable combination of experience and education
- Minimum ten years ocean transportation/supply chain industry
- Minimum 4 years selling experience in origin forwarding and purchase order management
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve and exceed challenges
- Well organized and disciplined in time management
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, with excellent, follow up skills
- Highly effective oral and written communication in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Desire to learn with attention to detail
- Exemplary problem-solving techniques coupled with innovative thinking
- Team player with the ability to work well with others
- A positive, customer-centric attitude
- Travel up to 12 times per year; or as needed to cover the sales territory.
OOCL Logistics offers a challenging work environment where dedication and contributions are rewarded and recognized. If you are interested in joining our outstanding team or would like more information about our company, please visit us at www.oocllogistics.com and submit your resume for consideration. OOCL Logistics is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V, and we proudly participate in e-Verify.