Director of Sales
Director of Sales
A confidential company is currently seeking a Director of Sales for their pressure-sensitive roll stock operations located in Green Bay, WI.
Headquartered in Green Bay, WI, this organization employs over 4,200 team members and operates 36 facilities in 14 states, each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
This division consists of three manufacturing plants, four Slitting and Distribution Centers, and a majority interest partnership in Mexico. Each manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive, and release liner combinations. Product capabilities include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil, and thermal offerings.
The facility in Green Bay has recently completed a major expansion, making this plant a state-of-the-art facility. The expansion has doubled the size of the plant and includes a new building, Coater, Slitters, and Automated Sequencing System.
The primary responsibility of the Director of Sales is to plan and direct all aspects of the organization's corporate sales strategies, processes, policies, objectives, and initiatives. As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Director of Sales will report directly to the Senior Vice President. This position will be based in Green Bay, WI.
- Direct supervision of three Regional Sales Managers, and one International Sales Manager, with indirect supervision of 12 Sales Representatives
- Develop and execute a strong talent management plan for the sales organization.
- Provide daily leadership and motivation through effective communication, coaching, training, and development. Be a champion for the company's cultural core values.
- Lead the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for the business. Clear communication of strategy, objectives, and performance expectations for volume, pricing, mix, business development, and pipeline management.
- Lead strategy development for key customers and business development initiatives.
- As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, provide customer insight and market intelligence to lead collaboratively in the development of new products and improvement of existing products to drive increased profitability.
- Learn the business and organization. The Director must engage in the organization to understand the technical aspects, levers for success, and cultural and business dynamics that impact them.
- Serve as a key face of the organization to external groups, including customers and the community. Strong customer relationships and industry-leading customer service are two of this company's greatest strengths
- Education & Experience. BA/BS is required with significant commercial experience in industrial sales. Preference for similar products to include specialty paper, packaging, or allied industries (7 to 10 years of experience is required)
- Outstanding leadership skills. Coaching and mentoring style, with the ability to develop individuals to be their best. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization to develop initiatives and lead change. Strong moral compass and integrity with a commitment to do the right thing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. This person must be highly relational with the ability to build effective, credible relationships.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills. Must be able to think broadly and strategically, and possess the resourcefulness, creativity, and leadership to develop concepts and ideas into tangible initiatives that benefit the business.
- Consummate team player and builder. Must place the success of the company and team above personal need for recognition. Must be receptive to feedback and comfortable with direct, open communication.
The selected candidate will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits program including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD/LTD, and Company matching 401(k).
If you are interested in pursuing this exceptional career opportunity with a stable, solid company, please apply below.
NOTE: if you prefer to not have your resume forwarded to a certain company, please indicate that and include that company name in your cover letter.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.