3PL International/Domestic Freight Sales Director
Our next 3PL Midwest Sales Director is someone who loves to find and close the next sale, someone who is looking to make in impact in the International and Domestic transportation field, and also someone who is looking to take all their experience of freight procurement and customer relationship building to the next level.
You’ll be an integral part of our growing team with a laser focus on meeting customer’s needs and expanding our market footprint. Since you’ve most likely been in a similar role before, you will know how to build and maintain a Midwest regional customer base. This position will plan and carry out business development activities to attain new accounts. The primary job requirement will be to exceed sales targets by developing and selling value while driving profitable sales activity through an open territory.
You will have the opportunity to expand your new and existing customer base as well as ensuring that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. Our next 3PL Midwest Sale Director will be working side by side with upper management to grow the business and should be a motivated to achieve quarterly sales goals from your experience and entrepreneurial spirit.
Our ideal candidate has:
- History of strong work ethic, professional achievement and company loyalty
- High energy, enthusiastic achiever that is a self-starter, competitive, collaborative and motivated to exceed sales goals
- Self starter who can identify, create and close new profitable sales opportunities by prospecting/cold calling
- Capable of playing an integral part of the business decision-making process and helping Aetna Logistics and its asset-owning group of companies achieve and maintain competitive leadership
- Ability to develop internal/external relationships along with credibility while having effective interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to multitask
- Aptitude to identify competitive trends and provide recommendations on how to take advantage of same
- Ability to understand the Aetna Logistics’ products and play a vital role in the day-today execution of business strategy
- Proficient in research, analysis and assessment of all information, and dissemination and communication of insights to key decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and able to work systematically
- Proactively identifying and establishing contact with potential customers for both International and Domestic transportation through strategic prospecting planning which includes leads generated of your own volition as well as those provided by the lead generation team
- Maintaining contact with new and existing customers to advertise the product sales and deliver a detailed account strategy
- Responding to sales inquiries from new and existing customers
- Selling the full spectrum of 3PL products from trucking, brokerage, warehousing, ocean and air services, etc..
- Delivering presentations of the company products
- Meeting annual sales goals and targets
- Providing feedback of potential customers and members to enhance product functioning and the service delivery
- Ensuring effective internal communication for cross-functional teams
- Negotiating the agreement terms and closing down sales
- Monitoring and reporting the potential collaborators and competitor activities and identifying business threats and opportunities
- Facilitating on boarding of new business with Operations to ensure complete understanding of customer expectations
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or a minimum of 3+ years of 3PL Freight & Sales Experience.
- Transferable book of experience preferred.