This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
General Position Summary
This position is responsible for educating, training, and supporting operations and sales using WMS and CargoWise. Expanding the Logistics business consistent with Hankyu Hanshin Express (USA) Inc.'s goals and objectives, policies, methods and business practices. The Corporate Logistics Specialist position is not limited only to the following job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Standardize HHE USA warehouse operations and procedures in accordance with Hankyu Management System of quality and customer service satisfaction
• Continually improve (Kaizen) practices from PCDA cycle for Quality Warehouse Management
• Prepare regular management reports for senior management review
• Maintain performance statistics and ensure accurate record keeping of operational evaluation and improvements tracking KPI/KGI's
• Ability to handle time sensitive deadline dates of all logistics and transportation requirements
• Analyze data and ensure timeliness of all logistics and transportation requirements are met and updated
• Assist branch offices in communicating with customers regarding the process and requirements for both verbal and written communications
• Monitor both warehouse and corporate sales projects through respective supervisors to assure logistic services meet customers' needs and requirements from the Master Plan
• Train and assist managers, supervisors and sales personnel in how to analyze a customer's current logistics operations and how HHE USA logistics services will be cost effective, increasing the customer's profitability
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Monitor changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques and project management skills
• Establish and maintain relationships with various vendors
• Develop comprehensive project plans to share with clients as well as other staff members to further distribution warehouse inquires to fruition
• Knowledge and implementation of 3S/5S is a must
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager and/or the Company
• Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and effective methods in daily work processes
• May perform special projects or prepare presentations as assigned by management.
• Key role to provide guidance and direction to employees
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace
• Reports immediately all irregular issues and problems to supervisor/manager for solution
• Maintains good communication with management, office staff members and outside contacts/vendors
• Complies with all company policies and procedures
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area