- Competitive wages
- Benefits packages
- Team Member discount
- Attendance & performance incentives
- And much more!
Working within the warehouse means performing a variety of general distribution center functions. These can include receiving, loading, and high lift operations. Most importantly you will safely and efficiently assist the facility in meeting daily production and customer service requirements.
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Ensure all quality and safety processes are followed including, but not limited to: maintaining pallet integrity, ensuring trailers are properly secured to dock-lock chock, and monitoring for mis-slotted or mis-rotated merchandise.
- Move palletized product, using pallet jack to safely maneuver stock, from staging area into tractor trailer and/or put in store locations.
- Lift & carry cases of up to 100 lbs. from pick slots and place them onto pallets; cases must be lifted from floor level, shoulder level & overhead.
- Record and log applicable information on appropriate logs on the front dock.
- Clean and sweep out trailers prior to loading product.
- Have flexibility in scheduling & availability to work the times, shifts, days and overtime as necessary to meet the company's needs.
- Meet and maintain productivity standards.
- Accurately select product by matching slot numbers and product descriptions using a voice-activated warehouse management system.
- Receive incoming freight into the distribution center.
- Compare shipping documents to the purchase order to determine if they are the same with regard to quantity and product description.
- Check all product expiration code / dates, quantity and condition of cases and pallets.
- Report variances to appropriate supervision or department to determine if product will be accepted or refused.
- Place correct receiving tag in proper location on each pallet of product.
- Total the numbers on the purchase order and note variances to the bill of lading.
- Follow all applicable safety and sanitation procedures, including food safety procedures.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including the safe operation of equipment and help to maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Put away inbound freight accurately and safely according to preferred methods.
- Report all merchandise discrepancies and product quality issues to supervision including, but not limited to: damaged product, wrong store number, poorly stacked, incorrect store number and equipment issues.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.