- Directs the activities of entire operation including; Dock Purchasing, Traffic, Equipment Maintenance. Defines and delegates subordinate responsibilities, develops strategies to improve operational costs.
- Negotiates bids with brokers and asset based carriers to meet company savings objectives.
- Coordinates freight transfer activity from terminal to terminal. Develops and maintains cost efficient methods of operation. Insures customer satisfaction, a facility free of safety hazards, and proper performance of operational processes.
- Fosters environment of continuous improvement.
- Communicates and enforces company policies, procedures and rules to employees and provides advise, guidance, and assistance as needed.
- Recommends and approves increases or decreases in staff; screens and selects employees; approves long range departmental plans, work goals, objectives and standards; assists and evaluates the performance of employees; recommends and approves expenditures, salary changes, promotions, transfers, changes in status and disciplinary action. Assigns work, trains, develops, motivates employees, and communicates/administers personnel programs and procedures in accordance with approved policies.
- May perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates, click APPLY below!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)