Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position is responsible for daily production, planning, and management of job assignments. This position is responsible for all aspects of production, process, safety, and sanitation and proper interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement where applicable..
What You'll be Doing:
- Practices 200% safety accountability (self and others).
- Interview, hire, lead and supervise production and sanitation team members.
- Independently plan and coordinate work to meet daily production goals.
- Train, coach and lead work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost and service goals.
- Ensure their ability to operate manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently.
- Record and deliver coaching disciplinary action to team members as necessary.
- Responsible for continuous evaluation of production processes in order to recommend and implement process improvement.
- Use appropriate reporting to evaluate results for expected improvements.
- Work closely with team members in an effort to improve plant key performance indicators and manufacturing/operational metrics.
- Maintain the quality of production by holding product to Meijer standards while taking the necessary action to correct and improve.
- Cultivate a positive and innovative work environment while ensuring adherence to Meijer policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure all team members are following GMP policies.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 3 years of leadership and/or production management experience.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.