Who are we looking for?
- Result- oriented: Can you get the job done month after month?
- Self-starter: A real leader who can quarterback a team
- Data-driven: The facts and nothing but the facts
- Continually improving: Never being complacent that the status quo is how it will always be
- A nice person
If this is not you, no hard feelings, but please do not apply.
- Oversee and manage general accounting functions in accordance with GAAP and best practices, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger entries.
- Maintain strong financial controls and improvements as necessary
- Review and assess current practices and procedures to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial statements on a monthly basis for management review.
- Perform cost analysis as needed to support and assist in setting pricing standards.
- Manage general accounting function for periodic review with the outside CPA.
- Develop and manage accounting staff performance-setting goals, providing ongoing training and measuring performance.
- Work with department managers to ensure timely and accurate transfer of billing and sales reporting standards.
- Review current capital requirements and credit line status on a daily basis and comply with all reporting requirements with the company's bank/lender.
- Oversee payroll and driver settlement process in compliance with HR standards.
- Manage month-end and year-end close process.
- Oversee transactional support to HR for 401(k) transfer in accordance with DOL requirements as well as garnishments and advances.
- Provide ongoing accounting support to the department managers.
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of organization financial records
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the company
- BA degree in accounting
- 5 to 10 years of field experience
- Excellent computer skills in accounting software, Microsoft Office, Access, and other system knowledge. Experience with Sage 300 Premium a plus
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and working with large data sets. Familiar with commercially-available tools and software that could improve the company's analytical and reporting capabilities
- Experience in business analysis for financial systems, especially involving cost accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Able to work well with management team
- High level of integrity and attention to detail
- A critical but imaginative thinker, driven to constantly look for better ways to do things
- Ability to work independently
- Helpful to have experience in Freight/Logistics Operations
- Must hold USA citizenship, a valid passport, or a work visa
Globe Con Freight Systems is seeking to hire an outstanding financial executive to fill a new position at its 30 year-old company in Rancho Dominguez, California.
Globe Con Freight provides port trucking services and warehouse and distribution (3PL) services in Southern California. The trucking division uses independent contractors or owner operators to perform pick-up and delivery from the ports of L. A. and Long Beach. The 3rd Party Logistics services operates 3 warehouse locations in Rancho Dominguez. A 2nd trucking company was purchased several years ago and operates as J & D Logistics. The two companies have approximately 52 drivers under contract. Goldenrod Equipment Co. provides truck financing to drivers who choose it to purchase compliant trucks.
Globe Con Freight is now building for the next chapter by expanding its financial management resources to give the President more time for other activities.