Operations Supervisor - Full Benefits!
Celebrating 108 Years in Business!
Please Apply On-line Below or Call Adrian @ (877) 472-6906!
Velocity Rail Solutions, Inc. is an A. Stucki Company, with a history dating back to 1911. Velocity provides a variety of services to numerous railroads throughout the United States. As we are presently organized, the Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of Chicago operations that provide locomotive fueling and servicing to our primary customer Norfolk Southern.
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Supervisor based in Chicago, IL. The ideal person will have a Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements, but that is preferred, not required. They will report directly to the North Central Regional Manager and assist with other sites within the Region on an as-needed basis. This will be a Salaried Supervisor position and pay will be discussed in person during the interview.
- Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsement or Class B preferred. Not Required!
- 2 to 5 years of experience
- Must be able to clear all background checks required by the Company, customer, and government;
- Individuals are responsible for maintaining all required licenses and certifications in a current and valid status at all times;
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision;
- Must be able to read, write and understand English so as to communicate effectively with employees, management, and customers in verbal and written form;
- Must be reliable and dependable;
- Basic computer skills are necessary and intermediate skills desirable;
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts which at times, may include nights, weekends and holidays;
- Must be available to operations at any hour of the day and in case of an emergency, be able to respond to the worksite;
- Provides leadership and oversight of daily activities of the operation(s) at the Chicago facility.
- Performs the production tasks as needed.
Develops the site customer(s) relationship by:
- Maintaining daily contact with the customer at the local level to ensure that we have a complete understanding of the customer's needs, schedule, special service requests, etc.;
- Participating in safety and/or operational meetings with the customer, as permitted by the customer;
- Tracking notable service deviations, customer complaints, and service failures;
- Assist in maintaining the site's customer service requirements;
- Communicating customer issues to the Regional Manager and responding as instructed;
- Participating in root cause analysis of service failures, participating in the development of corrective actions, and implementing identified solutions;
- Participating in customer discussions and assists in documenting responses;
Assists the Regional Manager to ensure that site employees are hired, trained, and treated right by:
- Working with the Recruiting and Regional Manager throughout the hiring process to ensure that all steps are completed and that the best possible candidate for the position is identified and hired;
- Trains, and/or delegates, training of new hires as required by the training standards. Proctors written knowledge exams of standard operating procedures and conducts proficiency exercises;
- Maintains an appropriate employee schedule to accommodate customer needs, employee absences and employee requests for leave;
- Conduct and document monthly communication meetings. Follows up with absent employees to ensure all topics discussed are understood;
Promotes safety values and champions that commitment by:
- Continuously promotes safety and helps everyone else at the site understand the importance of safety and achieving our goal of ZERO occurrences;
- Being a Safety Steward and assisting the Regional Manager in implementing Velocity's Safety Culture;
- Attend Lead Safety Specialist Calls;
- Involves others at the site in Safety;
- Work with the Regional and Safety Manager to ensure that the operation is compliant with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements as well as any customer-specific safety rules and expectations, particularly PPE;
- Assist the Regional Manager in implementing the Velocity Operating Plan;
Ensures that assets (equipment) are properly maintained and repaired by:
- Working with the Regional and Maintenance Manager to identify and develop Equipment Specialist(s) at the site;
- Developing a list and maintaining an inventory of critical parts;
- Establishing and maintaining service records, maintenance files and a schedule of service intervals for all equipment assigned to the location;
- Ensuring that the established Asset Maintenance program is followed, tracking next service dates in Velocity's
- Zendu maintenance system and on maintenance boards;
Creates a professional work atmosphere by:
- Conducting monthly cleanliness and orderliness inspections and motivating employees to correct identified deficiencies;
- Enforcing the expectation of a projecting a professional image;
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have previous leadership experience
- Able to consistently bend, stoop, kneel and climb on and off elevated surfaces
- Willing to receive general safety training
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with liquid non-hazardous & dry bulk materials
- Can carry at least fifty (50) pounds
- May have to walk long distances
- Must be able to travel to other locations as needed