Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Chambersburg, PA facility.
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Customer Service Representative
The primary role of the Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Customer Service Representative is to create orders for VMI customers and to manage inventory at the MATHESON Site to ensure reliability and uninterrupted supply. The role is mainly an internal role at the MATHESON Site but also can include answering phones and making deliveries in the VMI vehicle from time to time
- Adhere to all of Matheson safety policies, including those related to driving a MATHESON vehicle, keeping up-to-date on MATHESON's PureSafe trainings, and participation in daily Tool Box Talks
- Manage the warehouse inventory according to min / max levels, which includes working with Purchasing to order products in and organize them in a systematic way in the warehouse
- Manage the customer inventory levels according to min / max levels, working with the VMI Route
- Driver to plan orders and deliveries. Update the min / max levels as the business needs change
- Create accurate customer orders based upon data from the vending interface
- Create orders to re-order normal inventory stock
- Create non-standard orders, which may include interfacing with MATHESON Purchasing, coordinating with suppliers, creating part numbers in MATHESON's TIMS system
- Maintain good housekeeping at Chambersburg Site's warehouse to ensure order accuracy, efficient fulfillment and safe working environment
- Responsible for identifying problematic issues that if not addressed would result in an unsatisfied customer, notifying the right person or function promptly to ensure customer satisfaction and then following up to ensure resolution
- Perform other duties as needed, including being part of the Chambersburg Site team, that may mean additional duties that contribute to the overall success of the business. For example, answering phones, serving walk-in customers, or driving a forklift (training provided)
- Navigate and learn the vending website, SupplyPort software application to run reports, add/edit products, adjust min/max levels, etc.
- Attain certification on the vending equipment through MTG vendors (SupplyPro)
- Troubleshoot & service vending machines as needed (responsible for working directly with the SupplyPro customer service team on issues & resolving)
Skills and Requirements
- Awareness of Safety and the ability to adhere to safety practices even when "no one is looking" and be part of building a culture of safety
- Provide excellent internal and external Customer Service
- Computer Skills - ability to navigate and learn MATHESON's Ordering system (some training will be provided)
- Able to Plan and Organize the warehouse and an ordering / reordering system
- Present a professional business image as the "face" of MATHESON to the customer when needed
- Ability to Communicate externally with customers and internally with the MATHESON Site
- Team Work - understands being part of a team means the needs of the team come first
- Able to take Coaching as a way of improvement of skills and practices over time
- Ability to follow-up on time-sensitive issues at a customer site or at the MATHESON Site
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to pick up 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and in a timely manner
- Ability to work well with others and work for the greater good of the business
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.