The Refrigeration/Ammonia Manager position is responsible for troubleshooting as well as corrective and preventative maintenance in the plant. Including ammonia refrigeration and all equipment associated within the ammonia systems.
- $70,000-$80,000 DOE
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Evaluate and correct all mechanical problems within the plant.
- Assist in the installation of all new equipment.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager on special fabrication and construction projects.
- Responsible for helping co-workers as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and following preventative maintenance program.
- Ensures proper safety policies and procedures are followed always.
- Performs Process Safety Management (Ammonia Refrigeration).
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Must have completed/obtained the following:
- NH3 Operator Training Certificate
- N.A.P.E Certification
- Hazmat Training
- Must have 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through effective management and leadership of others.
- Vocational training, HVAC, ammonia refrigeration or degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years prior experience in general mechanical maintenance preferred.
- Good mechanical/electrical aptitude and equipment troubleshooting; diagnosis of problems with equipment motors and other mechanics.
- Basic math skills; ability to compute decimals and percentages.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Ability to deal with problems involving equipment or various situations.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed; may require assisting with plant construction projects.
- Self-motivated; willing to learn in a timely manner.
- Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
- Occasionally lift up to 80 lbs.
- Frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in a rendering facility within high heat and/or cold temperatures.
Qualified Candidates, please click apply below.
Thank you, we look forward to your membership to the Darling Family.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf