Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
If you thrive in warehouse project management and want to learn and grow then keep reading! Our Northern California branch is growing, join us to lead our team. We will be relocating to a new facility and launching our Warehouse Management System soon, come be a part of this exciting time at Paramount Global! We are a packaging distributor that provides unparalleled value through our integrated solution of packaging, transportation, and warehousing solutions. We are looking for someone with a positive approach that is excited about continuous improvement and wants to partner with the team to provide exceptional service to our customers.
Directs and coordinates all activities related to the movement of products into, through, and out of the warehouse to customers. Efficiently and effectively plans, organizes and controls the operations of the warehouse and fleet by evaluating competitive benchmarks and applying best practices. Collaborates inter-departmentally to continuously improve the customer experience. Provides leadership, direction, and development to warehouse and fleet staff in a manner that complements Paramount Global's strategic directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
These duties must be accomplished in accordance with the Company's Mission Statement and Quality Statement while adhering to our Core Values. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manages receiving, stocking, inventory control, quarantine, picking, packing, shipping, and transportation of all applicable products.
- Organizes, plans, and schedules daily activities and applies personnel and resources in a manner that maximizes service and minimizes operational costs.
- Coordinates warehouse and fleet activities with activities of sales, purchasing, and freight team.
- Ensures the accurate and on-time delivery of products to customers utilizing company fleet, third-party carriers, and/or qualified temporary drivers.
- Directs the flow of information to and from the warehouse in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develops and submits warehouse and fleet activity reports and metrics that complement accuracy, efficiency, quality of service, and on-time delivery.
- Review warehouse performance and reporting compliance on a consistent basis.
- Meets or exceeds daily and special project deadlines.
- Hires, trains, guides, and develops subordinates.
- Establishes warehouse and fleet operational procedures.
- Identifies and implements warehouse and fleet efficiency/cost reduction measures.
- Ensures building, products, vehicles, and equipment are secure both during and after business hours.
- Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment and leads housekeeping, cleanliness, and organization standards. Procures warehouse and fleet supplies as needed.
- Communicates and/or directs needed repairs, upkeep, and inspections of the building, vehicles, equipment, and grounds.
- Effectively communicates through active listening, acting on input, sharing information in an open and timely manner, and encouraging others to do the same. Maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Leads all inventory functions such as daily cycle counting, annual inventory processes, inventory integrity audits, and non-conforming product audits to ensure inventory and accuracy control; resolves inventory discrepancies thoroughly and timely.
- Manages return of goods, non-conforming products, scrap, return to vendor, and repack processes.
- Maintains driver and vehicle compliance system for driver qualifications, drug, and alcohol, accidents, inspections, hours of service, unit service, including Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR's) and Driver Logs through compliance software.
- Confers with drivers, completes routing, and monitors performance to ensure delivery of the product is in a manner consistent with company service goals and cost objectives.
- Holds and documents monthly safety meetings for all warehouse/fleet personnel.
- Participates in cross-functional continuous improvement efforts.
- Masters systems knowledge through self-directed training to ensure that employees are thoroughly trained to perform transactions in the warehouse management system (WMS).
- Meets all written ISO quality management system policies, procedures, and work instructions, including equipment inspection and calibration requirements.
- Schedules and coordinates fleet equipment planned maintenance with providers.
- Reviews and approves employee timesheets, adhering to established payroll cutoffs and regulatory compliance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DEPARTMENT EXPECTATIONS
- Represents Paramount Global in a positive, professional, and enthusiastic manner when working with vendors, customers, carriers, service providers, and other Paramount employees.
- Assists with other projects or tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Leads.
- Takes initiative to solve challenges or seek solutions to recurring problems with vendors, Paramount employees, and customers.
- Ensures compliance with PG Employee Handbook, Healthy & Safety and Quality Manual, and Driver Rules.
- Ensures compliance with federal and/or state laws, regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Uses good time management skills and work effectively with all members of the PG team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of warehouse management experience with a record of excellence.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external parties.
- Proficient in team building, motivation, time management, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to measure against standards, communicate performance issues, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge of warehouse management system (WMS) and barcode use.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Paramount Global's policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, and regulations regarding warehouse management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to see a job or project through to final completion.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Forklift Certified
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Must be able to operate a pallet jack and forklift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually in the typical office and warehouse setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving vehicles, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.