Title: Duty Drawback Advisor – Licensed Customs Broker:
This position is responsible for the professional handling of the company's duty drawback process, including the preparation, review and filing of claims, and working with the company's internal systems and databases to identify and capitalize on additional drawback opportunities.
This position resides in the Detroit/Romulus, MI area, however we will consider a remote employee who possesses the preferred skills listed in this job description, including demonstrated expertise in Duty Drawback/Refund services.
- Obtains all documentation from clients and/or their suppliers for the accurate completion of drawback claims and special privilege applications in compliance with Customs regulations.
- Analyze client records and data to formulate the process by which drawback claims will be prepared and filed.
- Use project management skills to develop and maintain multiple drawback projects.
- Develop and use spreadsheets and databases extensively for manipulation of client data and other internal functions.
- Assist U.S. Customs officials in obtaining documentation required for desk audits.
- Work independently on special projects.
- Produce and maintain detailed record keeping for all stages of client development and claim processing.
- Stay up-to-date on all Customs and procedural changes.
- Cross-trains in additional responsibilities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree with at least one year of full-time experience in Duty Drawback/Refund processing.
Must be a Licensed Customs Broker
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum of three years of customs brokerage experience. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access skills highly desirable. Ability to process complex data and meet time constraints. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Customer service oriented. Basic understanding of accounting principles and inventory tracking preferred.