Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Improves, maintains and repairs all equipment used in refrigeration, boilers and air compressor functions. Troubleshoots mechanical and process issues. Utilizes proactive continuous improvement methodology to ensure maximum operating equipment efficiency and effectiveness. Practices 200% Safety accountability (self and others)..
What You'll be Doing:
- Support planning, scheduling and maintenance activities
- Proactively maintains all water treatment, refrigeration, boiler functions and equipment including ammonia refrigeration, boilers, chilled water, compressed air, HVAC
- Regulatory and compliance record keeping for all systems
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of utilities systems in multi-craft environment including electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and general equipment repair
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and work order completion in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as required by Maintenance Manager
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Certification in HVAC, Ammonia Refrigeration preferred
- Experience with Boilers helpful.
- 3-5 years of hands-on maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous maintenance experience in a food manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience with Ammonia/HVAC and refrigerant systems
- Knowledge of general mechanical systems
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of troubleshooting, comprehension and operational experience
- Training in refrigeration and controls
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and skill of MIG, TIG, fabrication, joining and repair of varieties of metals including stainless steel for food grade applications, various production equipment and structures
- Frequent line calls and pages within the complex requiring an immediate response
- Stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders on a frequent basis
- Sitting at work station for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
- Ability to work in a variety of temperature controlled environments, both hot and cold
- Flexible work schedule, including possible call-ins as needed