Refrigeration Trailer Mechanic
If you are looking to make an impact on a meaningful scale, come join us as we raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do!
ALL SHIFTS (United States of America)
Our organization is searching for a refrigeration trailer technician who excels in a self-directed environment. This position is responsible for preforming preventative maintenance and repairs on Tyson's refrigeration trailers from a mobile unit located at a designated distribution center. This position will be in a traffic area and will always need to be aware of surroundings. In addition, this candidate will be communicating with vendors on parts inventory, leadership on major repairs, and writing work orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance/repairs on refrigeration units & trailers
- Perform DOT inspections on equipment
- Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassemble, repair, reassemble parts as necessary
- Maintain vehicle records as required, both paper and computerized
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, D.O.T and EPA regulations.
- Will be working in the elements
Experience: Must have two years of verifiable experience to preform DOT inspections and overall experience of at least 5 years mechanical experience
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, Knowledge of SAP preferred
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills
- Must have a valid license to drive
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 75lbs occasionally and lift up to 50lbs frequently.
- Must have own hand tools and tool box
- Must be 608 / 609 certified
- Must be able to read schematics and use a volt meter
- Must be periodic inspector certified
- Leadership experience preferred
Travel: 1-2 times year
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.