The International Logistics Coordinator reviews and negotiates import and export letters of credit, sends packing instructions to warehouses and suppliers, prepares sales documents, verifies and vouchers invoices, follows up on customer payments and responds to inquiries regarding shipping.
- Prepare open terms sales documents
- Send packing instructions to warehouses and suppliers
- Arrange survey instructions
- Coordinate letters of credit, including but not limited to:
- Review customer L/C's for accuracy and request amendments as necessary
- Negotiate L/C's with banks and follow through for acceptance and collection of proceeds
- Review necessary documentation with freight forwarders as per L/C instructions
- Coordinate invoicing and collections:
- Issue proforma invoices to customers
- Verify and voucher invoices for payment
- Prepare sales documents and coordinate with Treasury customer outreach for payment
- Work closely with Accounting Department as necessary for collections and payment
- Prepare other documentation as required
- Respond to shipping inquiries
Qualifications: Associates degree in Logistics, Business or related field required plus minimum of 3 years logistics experience in an import/export environment. L/C experience required; plastics or chemical industry background a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to work in dynamic, fast paced team environment, with substantial email traffic
- Strong problem solving abilities and very detail oriented
- Organized with a very strong sense of urgency, customer focus and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills for negotiation
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Lotus Notes
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to eligible employees, including health/dental insurance and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send cover letter with resume.
International chemical/plastic/pharmaceutical trading company is currently seeking an experienced International Logistics Coordinator for its midtown Manhattan office.