Experienced Ocean Export Coordinator and Ocean Operations Specialist
Why Solent Freight Services?
- $45K Salary
- Bonus Opportunities
- Full Benefits
- Organization is financially stable to thrive in good time and bad times.
For 25 years, Solent has partnered with leading brands to meet market demand, providing air cargo and freight services efficiently and affordable around the world. Solent Freight Services Ltd. "Solent" began operations as a complete logistics company in 1995 and rapidly expanded to become a market leading premium industry provider of cargo services. Solent is 100 percent neutral as a wholesale freight forwarder acting as a virtual airline and selling to over 7,000 freight forwarding global clients daily. Based in New York City conveniently located in John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport, Solent has global offices in strategic locations and a highly trained team in North and South America and Eastern and Western Europe. Solent's locations include New York, NY, Miami, FL, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Costa Rica and Panama.
An experienced ocean Import & Export operations person needed for FCL & LCL Direct moves, Consolidation moves, coordination, quotation, and operation.
Maintain existing accounts. Assist/follow up overseas inquiries & shipper. Provide operation support such as data entry, arrange truck delivery on deadline, communicate with Custom Brokers on Import Shipments Ccontrol the flow of products and/or information to clients and customers across international waters; this means shipments headed overseas are ultimately the ocean export coordinator's responsibility. The coordinator is expected to respond to client needs, and providing an accurate timeline for delivery. They keep up with changes to import and export laws for every country from which their company ships or which receive items. Ocean export coordinators are also expected to perform regular in-depth audits of all workflow operations.
- Must be well organized and enthusiastic.
- Superior communication, organization, and follow-through skills essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer oriented and customer friendly interpersonal skills, and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve.
- Knowledge of windows and office program.
- Must be willing to learn and be flexible.
- Comprehensive training will be provided.
- Multi-lingual a plus but not required.
- Previous 3-5 years' experience in the logistics/transportation industry a must
- Must have legal documentation to work in the United States. No OPT Sponsor
- Take booking requests ensuring bookings are made at current and accurate rates.
- Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Communicate with carriers, origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Consolidate and route shipments based on local office procedures.
Qualified Candidates, please CLICK APPLY BELOW to be considered for this role.