Product Development Scientist/Engineer
Product Development Scientist/Engineer
Due to our continued growth, Green Bay Packaging Inc., Coated Products Operations is actively seeking a Product Development Scientist/Engineer.
Founded in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility.
Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,200 team members and operates 36 facilities in 14 states, each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
The Coated Products Operations (CPO) consists of three manufacturing plants, 4 Slitting and Distribution Centers, and a majority interest partnership in Mexico. The CPO manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations. Product capabilities include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil and thermal offerings.
The Coated Products facility in Green Bay has completed a major expansion, making this plant a state-of-the-art facility. The expansion has doubled the size of our plant, and includes a new building, coater, slitters and Automated Sequencing System.
The Product Development Scientist/Engineer will identify, lead, and contribute to projects that will ensure customer satisfaction and enable profitable growth. The Scientist/Engineer will partner with Manufacturing, Procurement, Sales, Marketing, and Quality to successfully complete material qualifications, new product developments, research, and cost-outs.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Technical Service to define gaps in GBP's product portfolio and identify new opportunities within the pressure sensitive industry that can provide profitable growth for GBP.
- Work directly with customers to understand their wants and needs in order to develop solutions that provide value.
- Develop new products that are robust in design and have strong financial returns.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Process Improvement to assure product development initiatives are managed from an overall cost perspective.
- Successfully manage projects including new material evaluations and cost-out initiatives using Project Management methodology.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including direct engagement on the manufacturing floor, to resolve technical challenges, reduce waste, and implement sustained solutions.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and evolving trends in the PSA industry.
- Share knowledge in order to strengthen capabilities of the organization.
- This position will report directly to the Technical Director (R&D/Technical Service/Quality).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or Science (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Materials Science preferred).
- 7 years of Technical/Product Development experience in a related industry.
- Knowledge of silicone, adhesives, paper, films, and converting processes.
- Background in pressure sensitive products (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and lead projects.
We offer a stable work environment, modern facilities and a high quality of life location in Green Bay, WI. In addition, the selected candidate will receive a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k).
If you are interested in exploring this exceptional career opportunity with a solid, stable company, send your resume and salary history by applying online below.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.