President of Solar Transport
Do you enjoy creating strategic business plans, building a lean, scalable business, and driving business development for transformational business growth? Maybe you are a President of a business today, or a strong senior leader with P/L experience in the fuels transportation or bulk transportation industry and are ready for the next step in your career. You could be a leader in the trucking industry with strong operations and commercial skills. If so, we have a great opportunity for an executive with broad business experience that is customer service minded and understands how to build a solutions based commercial culture.
What you'll do:
- Provide vision and strategy for Solar to become a quality leader in the fuels and bulk transportation industry with currently 125 trucks serving over 1,200 locations in 10 states.
- Develop and execute long-term and short-term business plans for organizing and growing Solar Transport, and creating scalability and improving profitability.
- Develop strong leadership team and engaging business culture.
- Transform the business foundation into a scalable and commercial-focused structure to advance the market position significantly.
- Understand sales process and business development to bring new customers and build on current customer relationships.
What we're looking for:
- A strategic leader that can also drive strong operational execution and profitability.
- Experience leading in the transportation industry and experience in bulk fuel preferred.
- P/L experience with strong operations, business, and financial acumen.
- Keen commercial abilities.
- A strong leader who can inspire a high performing team and develop a positive culture.
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others.
- Conceptual/Systems Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same.
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems.
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance.
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influences others.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
About Solar Transport & Krause Group:
Solar Transport is a family focused company. With more than 40 locations, our drivers make it home every night. We genuinely value our team and go above and beyond to reward their hard work. Solar Transport is among the nation's best when it comes to tank-truck carriers and logistics providers. For over 50 years, Solar has strived to set the standard in how refined petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel, ethanol and jet fuel are managed, transported and delivered helping our customers become more productive and profitable.
Krause Group is a Midwest U.S. based parent company comprising a diverse set of domestic and international businesses with over 5,000 associates. These companies include Kum & Go, L.C., a convenience retail chain with more than 400 stores in 11 states—Solar Transport, the Des Moines Menace F.C., and Krause Group Real Estate. Internationally, Krause Group is parent to the historic Enrico Serafino and Vietti wineries and Casa di Langa based in Piedmont, Italy. .