This position is in Altha, FL
Founded in 2004, P&S Transportation is one of the fastest growing flatbed trucking operations with terminals nationwide. We are continuously expanding and improving our services through our commitment to hiring the best and brightest in the Logistics and Transportation field. By targeting experienced professionals, partnering with the best universities and recruiting straight from the top programs in logistics and operations, we support our vision to be on the cutting edge of transportation. Our goal is to stay ahead through our emphasis on driver satisfaction and retention, cutting edge technology, offering creative solutions, customer partnerships and smarter people than our competition. Our business is growing exponentially, and we require the best to help us continue our path of success. Join our team and be a part of the future of the industry.
We are looking for a Transportation Safety Professional who is passionate about Safety and Regulatory compliance to join our team. Our Director of Safety will direct and manage all safety objectives and processes throughout all levels of the Company. You will be actively involved daily in activities ensuring safety awareness and promoting safety culture
Will be responsible for driver safety training, investigating accidents and cargo claims, driver file mgmt., managing insurance related testing, administrating legal compliance with OSHA, DOT, FMLA & Workers Comp, and attending unemployment hearings and other legal proceeding. Other responsibilities include reporting on OSHA, Accidents, monthly staff turnover, and owner operator physical damage and bobtail reports, overseeing selection for awards and holding quarterly safety meetings. Salary based on exp. with full benefits.
- Ensuring all drivers are fully trained and knowledgeable of all safety risks associated with their job.
- Investigating safety related issues (i.e. accidents, traffic violations, damages, workers comp claims) to ensure safety standards are adhered to and re-educating or terminating as required.
- Managing processes to ensure all drug screens, random testing and other insurance related testing is performed regularly.
- Administrating legal compliance with respect to OSHA, DOT, FMLA & Workers Comp under direction of the COO.
- Attending unemployment hearings or other legal proceedings regarding employment.
- Ensuring personnel files (medical, insurance, benefits) are maintained.
- Administrating all employee insurance forms including COBRA.
Other Key Areas are:
- Monthly reporting on OSHA, Life Insurance, Accidents (for Driver Managers), Monthly Staff Turnover, Owner
- Operator Physical Damage and Bobtail Report.
- Oversee selections for awards (Driver of the Month, Safety Award, etc.) and holding quarterly safety meetings.
- Performing reviews (OSHA, MVR, Health Insurance Check, etc.).
- Participation in Bonus Program as discussed with Manager
- As a full-time employee, you are eligible for all benefits, including Health. To view a list of our benefits, please visit our website http://www.pstrans.com/
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- If you think you are a GREAT candidate and can provide our new employees with a GREAT experience, please send your resume to http://www.pstrans.com/about-ps/careers/