REFRIGERATION TECHNICIAN - McCook, IL - 1st Shift
Reyes Fleet Management functions as a part of Reyes Holdings, supporting the missions of our unique distribution companies across the United States. Reyes Fleet Management ranks in the top 5 of managed transportation assets in the country and is the 6th largest fleet in the U.S. with extensive knowledge of the transportation and distribution industry.
A Refrigeration Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration units such as Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers. o Ability to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment
- Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required by location management o
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years' practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or GED
- Specialized training and experience in the overhaul of refrigeration components required
- Proficiency in the use of all necessary tools of trade required
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule and work at the specific location
- The ability to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit and also regularly lift or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test. Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- ASE Certification
- Possession of 608/609 certifications
- Current CDL license with air brake certification Physical
Demands and Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.