FLEET TECHNICIAN B
Reyes Fleet Management functions as a part of Reyes Holdings, supporting the missions of our unique distribution companies across the United States. Reyes Fleet Management ranks in the top 5 of managed transportation assets in the country and is the 6th largest fleet in the U.S. with extensive knowledge of the transportation and distribution industry.
A Fleet Technician B primarily focuses on the preventative maintenance of the fleet diesel equipment of the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. A B level Technician will assist in the repair and diagnosis of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician/ Technician A's or Supervisor.
Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees' use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Complete preventative maintenance and standard component inspections/ repairs of fleet diesel equipment
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
- Complete and perform quality maintenance on minor repairs of fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units)
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years experience or equivalent experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment
- Must possess own tools (have minimum tool requirement)
- Valid Driver's License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer (PC, Windows, Microsoft Programs, etc)
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds
- Some travel may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ASE Certifications (Willingness to acquire)
- Trade school diploma or certification
- Commercial Driver's License (Preferred)
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.