Sales Service Associate – Operations
At Wilson Daniels, we strive for global recognition as leaders and educators of luxury wines and spirits, setting the highest standard for quality, integrity and excellence. Our passionate team of professionals surpass expectations in all aspects of the fine-wine world: brand marketing, sales, public relations, creative services, finance and operations. From our distinguished leadership team to our national sales managers around the country, Wilson Daniels focuses on family…because we are.
The Sales Service Associate for Wilson Daniels will be responsible for administrative and operational functions supporting the business objectives of the Operations Department. This position will liaise internally with members of the Operations, Marketing and Accounting teams in order to provide top-level customer service to our distributor partners around the US. This will be accomplished by processing all domestic sales orders, verifying pricing and interfacing with our third-party warehouse and logistic partners. This role will work closely with our National Sales Team providing excellent sales service, timely responsiveness and accurate information. Reporting to Operations Manager. Full-time, salaried position based in Napa, CA offices.
Sales Service Job Duties:
- Order Entry for Domestic Orders, samples, employee orders
- Customer Service to internal and external customers
- Manage orders email inbox
- Working within ERP system, manage allocations of scarce products
- Email daily PO changes to distributors
- Reconcile orders with daily merge reports
- Collect all necessary paperwork for distributor transfers and returns and send to AR Dept. for processing
- Email tracking info for samples
- Send billbacks to Accounting for processing
- WD Broker Commission Reporting
- Order Review-push to get shipments out at year end/ month end
- Inventory Reconciliation for all 3 PL's
- Maintain out of stock master list for department
- Resolve price discrepancies on orders
- Research and resolve issues at the request of the sales team, staff, distributors, carriers, etc.
- Open orders before month end
- Send orders to AR Dept. to manually invoice
- Warehouse to warehouse transfers
- Become a key participant in implementation of new ERP system, working with PCG, Operations, and Marketing teams on sales and logistical support.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-2 years experience with ultra-fine wine sales & marketing administration and operations preferred.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Adobe required. Some experience with inventory management, ERP, and related operations systems software platforms (such as Microsoft Business Central) preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with small team of personnel working closely together.
- Strong ability to multi-task and maintain diverse workload consisting of numerous short and long-term objectives and projects with ability to prioritize and achieve deadlines.
- Extreme attention to detail in all aspects of data management and work product.
- Displays initiative and excels without requiring constant direct supervision.
- Extreme professionalism, discretion, and highly polished communication skills in all aspects of client-facing communication and service.
- Shows a keen interest in high-end fine wine sales & marketing and in expanding this knowledge.
- Facility with switching gears quickly and the ability to remain effective in splitting duties between multiple departments.