Sr Manager Operations Planning
The Sr. Manager of Operations Planning will lead all aspects of operations planning in a large scale, distribution center supplying several hundred retail stores and e-commerce customers in a fast-paced environment. This person will work closely with distribution operations leaders and end-to-end supply chain partners to develop short and long-range plans required to drive world-class retail and direct supply chain execution. This position will require outstanding drive and leadership skills, strong quantitative and analytical abilities, a passion for excellence and continuous improvement, and a highly collaborative approach to driving operational performance and customer service. The Sr. Manager of Operations Planning will report to the General Manager of the distribution center and lead all aspects of planning related to labor, equipment, storage, processing, slotting, and operations. The leader in this role will be responsible for building a world-class team, developing standard planning processes and tools, and creating a culture of continuous improvement. Previous experience in applying Lean or Six Sigma methods, leading operational teams within a DC, and driving production management activities is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead planning of all aspects of distribution operations, including labor, equipment, inbound, outbound operations, processing and storage capacities,
inventory placement, and slotting.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain partners to develop and continuously improve a set of standardized planning processes and tools that drive world-class performance and are in common use across the distribution network.
- Evaluate storage and processing capacity needs over an extended planning horizon to ensure constant operational readiness.
- Lead teams in the development and implementation of operational improvement, transition and expansion projects.
- Assist in evaluation and design of distribution center operational processes, layout, material handling and other systems, and analysis and reporting, including estimates of returns on invested capital and development of business cases for approval.
- Partner with operations and engineering leaders to establish operational work standards and to identify/implement operational improvement opportunities.
- Use appropriate problem solving tools to provide rapid improvement with sustainable results.
- Apply Lean methods for structured problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and foster close partnerships with key business partners to build short, middle, and long term staffing plans.
Staff supervision and development — leads a team of planning managers and staff.
Travel – approximately 10-15% travel required.
Location—Located at distribution center.
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Supply Chain Operations or Operations Management preferred
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in high volume distribution preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation is offered along with our Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Plan.
Qualified Candidates, please click APPLY BELOW to have your profile and resume sent directly to our recruitment team.
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977