OIA Global is a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledgebase, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
The Import/Export Agent's primary responsibility is to review and process both import and export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. This role will work with both air and ocean freight. Additional duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Operations Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government export/transportation regulations.
- 401k plan
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex forwarding transactions for client(s), including booking, documentation and billing
- Process data through the Company's system, and submit shipment information to various government agencies as required
- Visit warehouse to check shipments after completing documentation to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association and Code of Federal Regulations
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper and selecting transportation companies to use
- Segregate cartons for each destination, label each carton and take photos for files
- Check shock watch/tilt watch activation and remark if there is any activation
- Prepare On-Hand reports from warehouse receipts
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Familiarity with CargoWise's Enterprise system a plus
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.