Fleet Supervisor – Experienced Transportation Coordinator Non CDL
Darling Ingredients believes in repurposing & reusing rather than discarding what others might consider as waste. Instead, through our processes, we capture valuable ingredients and nutrients to help maximize what nature has to offer – providing components for a wide range of products, including pet food, fertilizer and biofuel.
Fleet Supervisor San Francisco, CA
Why Darling Ingredients?
- Full Time Position!
- Up to $70,000 based on experience!
- Excellent Health Benefits!
- PTO, Holidays and Personal Days!
Click below to learn more and to apply!
The Fleet Supervisor is responsible for assisting and maintaining the entire plant fleet in "like new" condition and ensures the timely movement of all product. Analyzing all route performance to maximize efficiency. Qualified candidate should have an advanced relationship with technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining fleet based on regularly scheduled preventative maintenance; maintains accurate inventory.
- Responsible for scheduling and delegating tasks to fleet mechanics.
- Direct supervision of all jobs performed on fleet.
- Assist in interviewing and training of new employees.
- Responsible for communication with Fleet Manager, Office Manager, Plant Manager, Route Supervisor, and General Manager to ensure efficiency of fleet.
- Responsible for proper purchasing and expenditures according to budget.
- Responsible for cleanliness of interior and exterior of fleet.
- Responsible for DOT recordkeeping compliance; monitor tachograph cards to ensure compliance with all Company, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Schedules outside haulers for pickup and delivery of product; checks finished product weights to ensure accuracy of billing and profit margins are met.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in route-based distribution and/or logistics.
- Proficient in excel and natural ability to navigate complicated systems.
- Advanced training and/or experience as fleet mechanic preferred.
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple sophisticated software systems.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Good mechanical and administration skills.
- Ability to lead; can give and take direction.
- Ability to deal with minor problems involving equipment or various situations.
Qualified Candidates, please click "apply" below to submit an application and to learn more!
Thank you! We look forward to your membership to the Darling Family.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf