Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Dallas, TX facility.
The Cylinder Filler is responsible for safely handling and filling gas products into liquid, medical and high-pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting Matheson's standard operating procedures. This position reports directly to the Production Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fills all gas cylinders, high and low pressure, and liquid containers in accordance with safety procedures, quality
- Understands hazards of various gases, size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Comply with safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities
- Movement of cylinders as required in the plant. May be required to load and unload trucks.
- Completes all documentation and forms in compliance with company policy and FDA requirements during the fill process. Accurately and legibly ensures products are labeled properly, with current decals and lot numbers. Forms include daily production report, FDA log sheet, Label Verification form, Calibration form and Bulk log sheet.
- Tests all gases and documents results on compression log report accurately and legibly
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly workplace through proper housekeeping procedures
- Monitors and maintains sufficient stock to meet customer demand
- Monitors inventory of empty cylinders prepared and ready for filling.
- May be required to maintain cylinders and repair filling equipment, such as pigtails, fill hoses, valves and safeties.
- Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all quality assurance policies and standards
- Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred knowledge/experience in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred
- Minimum one year experience in the gas/welding industry as a warehouse worker or a driver.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours (within 2-3 hours of starting and quitting times).
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Must be able to read and write and perform mathematical exercises of moderate complexity.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to push cart 200 lb. cylinders and bend/lift 50 lb containers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.