This role is responsible for consulting with Penske's Rental department for the design and implementation of learning and development solutions that align to business strategies and meet associate developmental needs. At Penske, our truck leasing solutions allow our customers to keep their fleets running, their businesses moving, and their customers smiling. We are an integral partner in our customers' business.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with a passionate, progressive, and high-impact team that is really making a difference in the organization and ensuring our customers success. You will form strong internal partnerships with all levels of leadership as you look to understand their business, priorities, and challenges. On a daily basis, you will cultivate fresh perspectives in learning and development and see meaningful results!
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 5 years of prior adult learning and development experience and optimally will have some level of specific consulting and facilitation in technical training experiences. This position is based in our global offices in Berks County, PA, which is 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia, PA.
• Oversee the design and delivery of the Rental development portfolio.
• Consult with senior leadership in our corporate Rental department, field Rental leaders, and our Operations leaders in assessing business needs and requisite performance of our front line maintenance managers to increase impact.
• Operate and maintain LMS technology used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs or courses (i.e. LEARN, Rental Academy).
• Track completion data and key learning metrics; in addition to leveraging other systems and technologies needed for reporting purposes (i.e. HRIS)
• Facilitate high impact development to our associates and managers
• Manage Rental department curriculum by evaluating content for currency and alignment, schedule and administer sessions, validating completion of pre-work, completing analysis of training results, and delegating/assigning work to trainer.
• Execution of the Penske leaning model by following the steps of the process.
• Participate in leadership meetings by providing counsel on training needs for initiatives.
• Facilitate training programs as needed.
• Travel to field location to ensure facility operations are fully understood.
• Coach, develop, and provide feedback to trainer in Penske culture, facilitation and Penske Learning Model
• Other projects and tasks as directed by manager
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is required.
• 5 years of Adult learning and development experience required
• 5 years of facilitation and consulting of technical skills in a decentralized workforce highly preferred.
• 2 years of prior supervisor experience preferred
• Demonstrated past proficiency of: Facilitation skills, Knowledge of instructional design, performance consulting skills, and training administration/reporting required
• Strong executive presence, advanced verbal and written communication skills, and positive influencing skills are necessary for successful performance in this role
• Project management skills, organization skills, and strong time management skills are required
• Ability to partner with operational groups and other talent development team members to insure successful design and implementation of identified training programs
• Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision; strong sense of urgency
• Some overnight travel up to 10-15% may be required. Occasional day travel near corporate office location.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.