Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking Machine Operators for our De Pere Shipping Container Division, located in De Pere, Wisconsin.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance a 401(k) retirement plan and a pension plan.
Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,000 team members and operates 32 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
The Green Bay Packaging – De Pere Shipping Container Division, is one of 17 corrugated box plants within the organization. The modern, fully equipped corrugated manufacturing facilities allow us to create and produce a wide range of innovative corrugated products – everything from ordinary brown boxes to intricate die cut inner pack to high graphic packaging.
The Machine Operator position requires a self-motivated individual willing to work safely in a team based system. They need to have the ability to schedule their work, prioritize their workload, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must. A desire for continuous improvement and quality workmanship are required to meet our customers increasing demands.
Candidates must be able to work all shifts including rotating and/or straight night shift. Overtime including weekends will be required.
- Works safely and follows all related policies and programs to assure a safe working environment.
- Responsible for correct reporting of time, production and material usage.
- Set up of the machine including preparing materials and retrieving paper from storage.
- Using a computer, enter information relating to the production run including job information, measurements etc.
- Reports irregularities, maintenance needs and quality problems to the Team Operations Manager
- Assists crew in running, changing over, starting up and cleaning up the machine
- Checks raw materials and corrugated paper on hand against what is needed for each production run to ensure shortages are prevented
- Using a ruler, verify dimensions on corrugated board to ensure a quality product
- Troubleshoots machine issues and make recommendations on improving the process
- Keeps work area clean and orderly
- Other job tasks and projects as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good human relations skills and strong verbal communication skills
- Previous machine operations experience in manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required
If you are interested in pursuing this exceptional career opportunity with a solid, stable company, please send your resume and salary history & apply below!
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.