Business Analyst- Audit and Dispute
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
Audit and Dispute analysts play a critical role and must be highly detail-oriented.
They investigate, audit, resolve and ensure full understanding of incoming vendor invoicing discrepancies and make sure all charges are valid. Analysts must also ensure the dispute representation and documentation to a vendor is complete, timely and without error. Analysts are expected to work efficiently to meet goals and to cross-train in other departments of the business. This allows them to understand the full scope and impact of erroneous billings and areas of overspend.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Regularly analyze and audit incoming freight bills for accuracy and legitimacy
- Establish audit routines and log recurring carrier billing discrepancies
- Research freight disputes and build dispute cases to recover funds for JAS using proprietary software (Catapult and C1).
- Validate appropriate data from internal and third party systems and ensure appropriate course of action is being pursued.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate responses to disputes.
- Monitor disputed transactions for possible resolution or mitigation.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong computer skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office and C1 Cargowise preferred
- Experience in disputes or in the payments industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Ability to mitigate with vendors and resolve conflict
- Ability to analyze information, think through difficult problems, and make critical decisions based on limited information
- General experience with contracts and tariffs preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in quality assurance is helpful
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.