Sr. Supply Chain Analyst
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst
Our Procurement team is undergoing a transformation, going from a traditional procurement organization to a bimodal organization that is tasked with overcoming the challenges of today, and bringing innovation for tomorrow. The Procurement Data Analyst is a newly created role, supporting the Procurement organization to enable a data driven approach to decision making. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly motivated to drive change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provide tactical and strategic support to the procurement organization by analyzing and interpreting data to provide solutions and actions
- Create, design and maintain departmental reporting to senior leadership, and determine actions that drive improvements interpreted from reporting
- Create and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality.
- Responsible for department's overall data governance strategy
- Manage and maintain department's spend and analytics tool
- Continuously review variance in spend analytics across the organization
- Integrate and maintain supplier scorecards from data analytics and contract metrics
- Develop supplier risk management and performance tools to monitor vendor performance
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for the department and the company.
- Involved with store acquisitions, consolidations and store closings by cleaning data, reporting information to the field, creating new accounts and transferring Accounts Receivable.
- Develop methods of streamlining or automating tasks for Data Analytics and the procurement department.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team on projects and offer support when necessary.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information need.
- Develop and manage initiatives to drive improvements and move to world class operations within the supply chain.
- Plan project proposals to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment.
- Lead project teams and manage work plans for each phase of the project including scope, schedule, risk management, and budget management.
- Confer and cooperate with all levels of operating management in formulating and developing detailed implementation plans for cost improvement projects. Responsible for on-going project status and risk management.
- Perform return on investment (ROI) analysis to determine viability and priority of supply chain projects
- Continuously work to create efficiencies and improvements
- Partner with IT to understand system logic and optimize operational improvements
- Communicate and present recommendations to all levels of staff and management regarding detailed project plans and results
- Work with all Distribution Center locations, corporate and cross functional teams to ensure project deliverables are successfully implemented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Solid knowledge of data models, database design development and data mining.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Critical thinking to develop conclusion based on the business practice and offer improvement suggestions.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Excel and Access).
- Business knowledge of the finance function surrounding order to cash
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years in data analytics
- Equivalent combination of education and experience