Supply Chain Project Manager
Supply Chain Project Manager
Project Manager, Supply Chain is responsible for driving transformational change in the supply chain. The role is responsible for developing, planning, and implementing supply chain solutions with the goal of creating new capabilities, improving service and reducing costs. The successful candidate in this role will use their analytical skills, knowledge of upstream inventory strategy, distribution operations, logistics, and system logic. This individual contributor will be an excellent collaborator with our partners in Merchandising, Inventory Planning, and Sales, and also within the supply chain for distribution center operations and logistics. He/she will be a critical thinker, a great communicator (both written and verbal), and an organized project management professional. This role will have frequent interaction with the executive leadership team and reports directly to the VP of Supply Chain Strategy and Transformation.
- Develop and manage initiatives to drive improvements and move to world class operations within the supply chain.
- Plan project proposals to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment.
- Lead project teams and manage work plans for each phase of the project including scope, schedule, risk management, and budget management.
- Confer and cooperate with all levels of operating management in formulating and developing detailed implementation plans for cost improvement projects. Responsible for on-going project status and risk management.
- Perform return on investment (ROI) analysis to determine viability and priority of supply chain projects
- Continuously work to create efficiencies and improvements
- Partner with IT to understand system logic and optimize operational improvements
- Communicate and present recommendations to all levels of staff and management regarding detailed project plans and results
- Work with all Distribution Center locations, corporate and cross functional teams to ensure project deliverables are successfully implemented.
- In-depth knowledge of distribution and transportation processes.
- Effective communicator and ability to manage through influence.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects on time and budget.
- Strong team builder in working cross functionally.
- Knowledge of supply chain planning, inventory operations, distribution center operations and transportation operations
- Knowledge of financial concepts including revenue and expense, P&L, cash flows
- CSCP and/or PMP certification preferred
- Some travel (10-20%; North America) depending on project phase and scope
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or related area
- 5 years' experience in supply chain operations and analysis