Heavy Equipment Operator
March 6th * 9am-2pm
Adams County Workforce Center
11860 Pecos Street
Call (877) 640-6222
Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
This position involves operating heavy equipment on a paving construction site, including, but not limited to, loaders, skid steers, backhoes, pavers and tack trucks.
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Operates a variety of vehicles and heavy construction equipment
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on equipment; report defects and repairs to maintenance department
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and objects
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills
- Perform well in a "TEAM" environment
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the asphalt industry, including overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Valid driver license is required
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Minimum Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience operating equipment preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Physical Requirements & Conditions
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Starting wages depend on knowledge, skills and experience
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.