This position is for local residents only.
Expressway USA Freightlines is an import/export trucking company servicing the NY & NJ ports to 48 states. We haul all commodities including: hazmat, overweight, bonded and reefer containers. At this time we are currently running about 35 trucks and we are continuously growing our fleet to grow with our company.
We are looking for someone who will be assisting our lead dispatcher to ensure that all things run smoothly and efficiently in our dispatch operations.
A few of the daily tasks would consist of:
- Checking availability of containers
- Routing all drivers to piers and deliveries on time
- Tracking all chassis and equipment
- Updating customers on shipments
- Picking up containers before LFD, returning containers before per diem accrues, etc..
It is very important that you are able to work well under pressure and handle problems that arise in a professional manner. We strongly believe in teamwork and growth within the company and are looking forward to adding to our team.
- Assistant Dispatcher with minimum of 2-5 years experience with import/export container drayage industry; reliable; pro-active; knowledge with dispatching software; Microsoft program (outlook, word & excel)
- Knowledge of profit tools a plus; daily monitoring of shipment status
- Must have excellent customer service skills; work well with drivers and co-workers; Resolve customers inquiries timely;
- Bi-lingual a plus; self motivated; ability to work without supervision
- Team player, willingness to grow within the company, works well under pressure.
Salary dependent upon experience.