METRO Customs Brokers is seeking a US Import Client Service Representative to join our team in Garden City, New York.
As the official point of contact with clients, the ideal candidate will coordinate customs clearance of shipments entering the United States through the collection of documentation and information and through effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Open files for new shipments. (Complete proper forms, enter data in the system);
- Ensure that all documents required to release goods have been received;
- Communicate with different departments to obtain accurate information;
- Review the content of documents to validate compliance;
- Contact clients to obtain and to confirm information related to these documents such as; descriptions of goods, address discrepancies, shipping manifests, commercial invoices etc;
- Send proper documentation to agents at the various ports of entry for submission to customs;
- Coordinate processing of shipments;
- Communicate with customs to resolve shipment issues;
- Contact clients when shipments are released, provide necessary changes for US Customs;
- Answer client questions related to shipment processes;
- Process additional charges and obtain authorization from client to confirm;
- Perform other general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing.
- Completion of vocational or technical training;
- More than 1 year of experience in office work, preferably in customer service experience in a customs brokerage or logistics environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Highly organized;
- Customs clearance experience would be an asset
Did you know that METRO Customs Brokers is committed to service excellence towards our clients and employees?
Apply today to join our growing team and set the standard for client care!