Shipping Specialist - Inventory Management/Supply Chain Experience
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is currently seeking a Shipping Specialist for the Coated Products Operations, located in Green Bay, WI. This facility laminates pressure sensitive label stock.
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD, and company matching 401(k).
The Shipping Specialist will provide support for maintaining service levels and the cost-efficient coordination of shipping product to our customers. The Shipping Specialist will identify movement delays and act appropriately to ensure product is delivered to customers in a timely manner, or that customers are notified of pending delays. They will also provide administrative, clerical, and receptionist support in this role. In addition to these responsibilities and the specific duties listed below we are looking for the following:
- Working with customers, production schedulers, operation team members, and management to execute an effective supply chain strategy.
- Maintaining rates in TMS, and working with 3PL
- Analyzing/developing reports to identify opportunities for service improvements and cost savings
- Assist inbound/outbound drivers with proper information and paperwork
- Handle phone calls and daily e-mails pertaining to shipping and receiving
- Build multi stop truck loads
- Fill truckers log with proper information
- Check driver's bill of lading (correct address and material)
- Send load tenders and contact carrier via e-mail or phone call
- Create bill of lading, tallies, and packing lists for outbound freight
- Create raw material tags and receiving records for inbound raw materials
- Call product out of the high bay system
- Communicate with warehouse personnel and yard driver to keep product moving
- Contact appropriate personnel regarding delivery issues
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in BA, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 2 years of experience in logistics or supply chain planning
- Hands on experience with; Excel, TMS/WMS and ERP software
- Experience in inventory management, transportation, and planning.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels.
- Must be efficient and professional in pressurized situations and in dealing with customer demands.
- Ability to problem solve and work well with others under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Willingness to work outside of regular working hours as needed.
Founded in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label roll stock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility.
Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs over 4,200 team members and operates 36 facilities in 14 states, each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement.
The Coated Products Operations consists of three manufacturing plants, 4 Slitting and Distribution Centers, and a majority interest partnership in Mexico. The CPO manufactures pressure sensitive label stock, utilizing a variety of face stock, adhesive and release liner combinations. Product capabilities include an expanded film line, as well as traditional paper, foil and thermal offerings.
The Coated Products facility in Green Bay has recently completed a major expansion, making this plant a state-of-the-art facility. The expansion has doubled the size of our plant, and includes a new building, Coater, Slitters and Automated Sequencing System.