Truck Mechanic To $23.00/Hour - Accepting Entry Level and Will Train!
Charlie's Produce is the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
Work with a truck shop crew repairing a fleet of over 100 delivery trucks. Will include all aspects of truck maintenance to include; tire repair, oil changes, tune-up, engine repair, welding, hydraulic lift repairs, and other projects as assigned.
Pay is $18.00 to $23.00 an Hour DOE!
Essential Responsibilities Include, but Are Not Limited To:
- Work with transportation team on fleet issues, communicate directly with drivers
- Test and trouble shoot problem vehicles brought to the shop
- Accurately identify mechanical problems and resolve problems or call in next level consult
- Provide timely feedback to team members, and supervisor regarding on-going issues or estimated completion times
Charlie's Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive hourly pay
- 90 day performance based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on overall performance
- Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits include medical, dental, and vision
- 1 year Truck shop or auto mechanic experience
- Will Accept Entry Level and Train!
- Ability to read and write English
- Prefer if candidate owns their own tools
- Self-Motivated individual who is capable of working independently
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity