Education / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business Management is preferred. Prior supervisory leadership, customer service or trucking experience in Operations are most helpful.
A successful Terminal Manager possesses excellent interpersonal, Leadership, and verbal communication skills. This individual must also be proficient in mathematical skills; knowledgeable of U.S. geography and be computer literate. The Terminal Manager must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time. This individual must have and be able to use analytical and problem solving skills and be able to evaluate alternative solutions. This includes being able to quickly assess a situation, identify feasible solutions and make a sound decision to resolve it. Thorough knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of each Driver is essential, as is a basic understanding of Class 8 motor vehicle equipment.The Terminal Manager must also understand and lead their drivers in following U.S. Dept of Transportation regulations with respect to Hours of Service.
A minimum of four (4) years experience in related position is normally required.
The Terminal Manager is the primary contact for a group of Drivers and/or Owner Operators. The major components of this role are to establish and maintain sound business relationships with each driver; work with them to achieve and exceed expected business results; help them solve all business problems and conduct all work involved in daily dispatch. The Terminal Manager is also responsible to train and develop each driver and retain all who can operate safely; provide excellent customer service, and achieve high utilization and optimal productivity. It is also the responsibility of the Terminal Manager to maintain and oversee the general upkeep of the facilities s/he is responsible for.
The Terminal Manager:
- Is responsible for leadership of all assigned drivers.
- Immediately and professionally solves all business problems for each driver.
- Is responsible for accurate timely and complete movements, daily driver updates, and proper formation in the computer. These items are critical to ensure that we have an effective dispatch system.
- Manages fuel costs by working with drivers to utilize the company fuel program and eliminate unnecessary idling.
- Coordinates equipment maintenance problems with the appropriate members(s) of the maintenance department.
- Ensures complete compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Laws, Regulations, Directives and Policies, Procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and all other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
- Fully cooperates with, participates in and supports the administration and adherence to all Internal Policies, Procedures and practices. The Terminal Manager is responsible to ensure their drivers comply with all of the above requirements.
Must work with each driver to achieve optimal business results in:
- Customer Service
- Utilization Productivity
- Driver Compensation (Weekly Earnings)
- Appropriate Home Time
- Key Operating Costs (e.g. fuel, maintenance, accidents, out of route miles)
Is responsible for managing expenses, maintenance, overhead and profitability for the terminal.
- Responsible for the timely accomplishments of various projects as assigned by the Fleet Manager or other appropriate executive level personnel.
- Performs tasks, which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon business circumstances.
Position Location: Ft. Worth, Texas
Equipment and Machines
- PC/Computer Keyboard
- Fax Machine
- Copy Machine
Fleetmaster Express, Inc is a privately owned, family business with a 32 year history. We are headquartered in Roanoke, VA with terminals across the Central and Eastern regions of the US. We offer a comparable benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurances, as well as a 401(k) with a generous match.