Government and Defense Operations Supervisor
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The role of the Operations Supervisor is to oversee operations specialists and their general duties of coordinating inbound and outbound freight shipments and deliveries. Assists Branch Manager/Operations Manager with branch activities, exclusive of sales, to include staffing, distribution of work and oversight of all work performed.
- Support Operations Manager to ensure all billing is completed on time and is accurate.
- Assist Operations Manager by working with Corporate and Regional management to drive and develop operating effectiveness and increases in revenue and profit consistent with annual target (budget).
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and ISO procedures to include Import/Export compliance.
- Ongoing coaching and development of staff skills.
- Maintain highest standard of customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Foster an attitude of teamwork.
- Other duties and tasks as required or requested.
- The incumbent will directly and/or indirectly supervise employees
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors Degree in International Logistics or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years experience in supervisory positions.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in freight forwarding.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Experience using Cargowise/C1 a plus
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.