HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Completes detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
- Determines accurate quantities related materials as measured from provided plan sets.
- Identifies materials required for the construction of facilities.
- Researches plans and specifications to determine any special material requirements. Procures, picks-up and returns plan sets as required.
- Communicates with design engineer or owner to clarify any unusual or special material issues.
- Determines if supplied materials meet local/state/federal specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in a related field.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience in bid preparation, sales or related industry experience.
Job Locations US-MS-Gulfport
Posted Date 3 months ago (10/29/2019 9:20 AM)
Job ID 2019-35340
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 39503
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.