JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is responsible for ensuring freight and containers are delivered on time. Is responsible to ensure customers are updated throughout the entire process while receiving the highest level of customer service. Incumbent must track and trace containers, track and trace air shipments, dispatch freight and containers for delivery, is responsible to manage all files, and update and maintain accuracy within the C1 application.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Provide excellent customer service and follow up
- Work under milestone, KPIs and global expectations for the position
- Receive and track and trace all freight and containers
- Assure original Bill of Lading and House Bill requirements are met
- Ensure the release of freight from ocean and air carriers
- Dispatch freight and air shipments for delivery
- Confirm freight and air shipments were delivered and containers returned
- Update, maintain, and monitor C1 application on a daily basis
- Provide accurate job costing such as payables, receivables and accruals
- Ensure courteous customer service at all times
- Follow bookings from overseas to ensure accuracy in sailings and deadline dock dates are met at customer warehouses
- Invoice customers
- Manage POD
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum five years experience with a Global Forwarder
- Customs brokerage knowledge is a plus
- Transportation experience is a plus
- Basic computer skills are necessary
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to understand logistics
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.